Have you ever considered learning butchery? The art of butchery is a traditional culinary art that is an often overlooked, but vitally important, aspect of the farm-to-fork movement and here at Tulip we hold our skilled Butchers in high regard. Our impressive site in Westerleigh, Bristol is currently recruiting for a number of Butchery roles. We have exciting opportunities available for both Trainee Butchers and Skilled Butchers.
You will be responsible for de-boning and trimming pork primals to agreed quality specifications, meeting all targets including quality, safety and throughput.
To be one of our Trainee Butchers, we are looking for people who have a good attitude and commitment to learning a new trade and to achieving results through determination.
If you are a Skilled Butcher, we will require you to undertake a block test during your interview to assess your skills.
In addition, we’re looking for candidates who possess excellent communication skills combined with the ability to work independently but also effectively as part of the team. You will possess practical / manual handling skills and will have basic H&S awareness and basic Food Safety Awareness.
Monday to Friday 06:45 to 15:30 or 06:00 to 14:45, 40 hours per week
Qualification / Experience
• Excellent knowledge of customer specifications
• Excellent understanding of food hygiene and health and safety standards
• Good communication skills – must be able to speak, read and write English.
• Ability to motivate and lead people to a specified outcome
• Proactive and assertive
• Good problem solving and decision-making skills
• Training employees to the standard requiredApply Now